Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery of Model 3 without payment.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my car yesterday. And the sales person said payment has been made on your account. I thought thru my credit card or bank account.
There is no payment deducted on my accounts. I have the car and drove it 200 miles home.
Car has some issues with it which i noticed and sales person said make an appointment with service.
Is it not weird to let you take care home without payment. What are my options here.
I sent them a text about how to make a payment. No answer as of yet.
It doesn’t seem like a normal scenario ? Who lets a customer drive a car out without payment
I asked about the payment at sales centre and he said its done from your account.
This is my first Tesla so i thought thats how it works😳

This happened to me when I picked up my M3 a month or so ago in Memphis. When I used the App to pay, it automatically used the bank details from when I paid for my Y a couple years ago. Didn’t give me a choice to change it. Thing was, I closed that account a year or so ago. So ….. the App says my payment is all good, but no money is coming out of any of my accounts. Sweet.

I worried a little about this ….. and brought it up with the SC when I took delivery. He said no worries, system says you paid, enjoy the car. I was like …..okay, but ……. And I worried like OP.

Maybe 10 days later, I get an email from Tesla saying I owed them some money (like basically my whole down payment) and to click a link to make payment. Clicked the link, put in my new bank information, paid, and was done. Easy peasy.

I totally love working with this company. Just relax and work with them the way they have things set up. It was just as smooth when I picked up my Y in Nashville.

So @toron2nashvile …… don’t sweat it. They’ll take care of you. Enjoy the car.

I had the same experience with my delivery. It basically seemed like they thought the credit union paid twice. I asked them about it and they said “oh you only owe $1000.”
I thought about rolling with it but then I assumed they would want their money eventually so I kept insisting they check again. They, again, insisted I only owed $1000. I asked them if it seemed coincidental that there was 2 of the same payment amounts made to them from the one credit union. The guy was like, “oh yeah, that’s interesting.” He ended up doing some calculator math and magically the rest I owed to them appeared on my app after refreshing.
I really wonder if they would have caught it if I didn’t say anything.

There is probably some other guy out there insist he paid and they’re telling him he still owes. 😁
Actually… that happened to a buddy of mine 😁 ok so he screwed up a little and didn’t follow instructions exactly… and Tesla apparently switched banks on that exact day the money was sent. Basically money was sent, he could take delivery, but registration was a disaster because they couldn’t find where the money went to (went to previous bank, not new bank). So everything was in limbo for 4-5 months.

Now this was an extremely unique situation though… Tesla Finance said a handful of transactions ended up in this situation but my buddy had a helluva time trying to find someone to talk to and take responsibility. He was at a point where he was going to lawyer up but things worked out eventually

This kinda happened to me too. Less than a year after I'd bought a new S I bought a MYP. When I completed the sale in app it didn't ask me for a payment. It automatically used the last account I had setup for my previous purchase. This is a pretty bad move on their part. Luckily for me it was the same account I was going to use, so in the end it was not a problem. I did think for a while that I'd got a free car...