Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just tried DIY Opti Gloss...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car wasn't new so I didn't have the option to get it done with perfect paint, but I finally got around to putting Opti Gloss on my 38,000km car yesterday. Looks pretty good, I know its not perfect, but it looks a lot better than it did, and the feel now is really glossy and slick. Bugs seem to come off a lot easier too. I put it everywhere on the exterior and even did the windshield too, to hopefully help against stone chips.
20150911_115300_HDR.jpg

My car wasn't new so I didn't have the option to get it done with perfect paint, but I finally got around to putting Opti Gloss on my 38,000km car yesterday. Looks pretty good, I know its not perfect, but it looks a lot better than it did, and the feel now is really glossy and slick. Bugs seem to come off a lot easier too. I put it everywhere on the exterior and even did the windshield too, to hopefully help against stone chips.
View attachment 93789

Looks very nice....Can you share with the forum for users like me...who need a step by step procedures...please

Looks very nice....Can you share with the forum for users like me...who need a step by step procedures...please

I'm no expert.... I don't have an orbital polisher, which I'm sure is recommended. All I did was wash at my local touchless, then go over again at home with Maguire's quick detailer and a microfiber cloth, then again with isopro alcohol and a microfiber cloth, then the opti gloss. In an ideal world, I would have polished with a power polisher first and done it all in a clean indoor garage, but I just did it outside. It was hard to see if I was putting on too much as it was a bright day and I have a white car, but I think it came out OK, I thought I saw a couple excess spots at dusk last night, but today I cant see any.