TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Just tried DIY Opti Gloss...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by hingisfan, Sep 11, 2015.

1. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

My car wasn't new so I didn't have the option to get it done with perfect paint, but I finally got around to putting Opti Gloss on my 38,000km car yesterday. Looks pretty good, I know its not perfect, but it looks a lot better than it did, and the feel now is really glossy and slick. Bugs seem to come off a lot easier too. I put it everywhere on the exterior and even did the windshield too, to hopefully help against stone chips.
    20150911_115300_HDR.jpg

2. taurusking

taurusking Member

Looks very nice....Can you share with the forum for users like me...who need a step by step procedures...please

3. hingisfan

I'm no expert.... I don't have an orbital polisher, which I'm sure is recommended. All I did was wash at my local touchless, then go over again at home with Maguire's quick detailer and a microfiber cloth, then again with isopro alcohol and a microfiber cloth, then the opti gloss. In an ideal world, I would have polished with a power polisher first and done it all in a clean indoor garage, but I just did it outside. It was hard to see if I was putting on too much as it was a bright day and I have a white car, but I think it came out OK, I thought I saw a couple excess spots at dusk last night, but today I cant see any.

4. kizagjo

kizagjo Member

looks great!!

5. hingisfan

It rained all weekend here....here is how it handled the water with the Opti Gloss on...

20150912_081026.jpg 20150912_081035.jpg