Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keep getting flat tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:
The tire shop said both tires had non repairable gashes. Not malicious. Most likely I drove over something protruding out/up. There was a mini thunder storm the other night with heavy winds. That was the last time I drove. Maybe I went over some fallen branches/debris. Although I don’t remember anything.

Thanks for the feedback!
That’s the thing. Discount Tire always says “non-reparable”. Even on a slow leak. Used to be we fixed flat s, not buy a new tire every time.

13 new tires in 13 months on my 2020 Model 3 Performance, and counting. Ridiculous. Of those, only 7 have been actual blown tires (thank you sh*tty Seattle roads) but the others were replacing the full set so the all wheel drive train doesn't get messed up. Crazy.

Discount Tire's warranty program has saved me serious money and they're usually pretty good. However, this is the worst part of this car. I get that having larger wheels and smaller tires makes this worse but it seems so much worse with my Tesla than any other cars. Super frustrating. And sucks that the only real way out of it is to invest a fortune in less desirable wheels/tires. :(

Seems like something that Tesla could help figure out; there are lots of high performance sports cars that don't go through tires like this. I guess that's what you get when you buy a car from a devices company rather than an automotive company. Makes me consider selling the car.

• Informative
Reactions: Laddcruzer