Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keep getting this message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. When charging at home I keep getting these messages. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0681.jpeg
    IMG_0681.jpeg
    331.6 KB · Views: 93
I was getting that same message, and it would go away when I unplugged and plugged back in. Had an electrician check my NEMA 14-50 outlet, and it turns out that the neutral wire connection had loosened up over the past two years. Haven't gotten the message since he tightened it.

• Informative
Reactions: Mike_TV
I was getting that same message, and it would go away when I unplugged and plugged back in. Had an electrician check my NEMA 14-50 outlet, and it turns out that the neutral wire connection had loosened up over the past two years. Haven't gotten the message since he tightened it.
The neutral wire isn't used at all on Tesla chargers. (or any car chargers for that matter) You can leave it disconnected in a 14-50 outlet when charging a car and the car will be none the wiser. He probably tightened a hot wire (as well as the neutral maybe) too.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H and ATPMSD
@Pippin65

Assuming you are talking about a NEMA 14-50 outlet:
  1. Trip the breaker and open the outlet. Tighten all four connections.
  2. Inspect the outlet for any charging. Replace if you see any.
  3. If the outlet is a “Leviton” throw it in the trash. You need a Bryant or Hubbell outlet, which will run you about $80

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H