Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ken/Kent/Kerry Beauchrt/Beuchert/Beuchrt/Biker/Rider/Krider

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thomas C Gray continues to "tag team" with Kent Beuchert:
11/21/2007 kent beuchert: "I'm amazed at the ignorance of the posters here."
__________ Thomas C Gray: "I don't know why the folks on this board don't knowabout gm-volt.com."

Thomas C Gray ("TC Gray") follows up Kent Beuchert again...

11/11/2007 kent beuchert: "EEStor has been making claims that no one believes."
__________ kent beuchert: "EV-1 drivers came to acquire negative views of their EV-1s."
__________ TC Gray: "I live in a Florida retirement community...We all use golf carts..."

I don't suppose that is the same "Thomas C Gray" who ran an oil royalty trading company... ?

Last edited:
11/12/2007 kent beuchert: "The Tesla story is over"..."The plug-in Lightning has totally eclipsed the Tesla in every way and is a livable vehicle"...

Real shame... A nice, positive Tesla article, and his is the only response.
(Edit: it looks like that site has removed his comments now)

Last edited:
11/12/2007 kent beuchert: "The Tesla story is over"..."The plug-in Lightning has totally eclipsed the Tesla in every way and is a livable vehicle"...

Real shame... A nice, positive Tesla article, and his is the only reponse.

That's funny considering the Lightning started later in the game, and has less proven than the Tesla, not even a demonstration model. It also costs more and as it is also a sports car, it is likely not going to be much more livable than the Tesla. The first response from many Jalops was that it looked like an old kit car...not exactly a complement, whereas the response for the Tesla was that it was like an electric Elise.

By the way, I found another post by this guy commenting on the Tesla and the Lightning:
thebiker45:
"...Tesla was just too arrogant to consider the Altair and too anxious to put their 4 hour recharge crap on the road...And they don't require Tesla's Rube Goldberg battery management HVAC monitoring system."
http://jalopnik.com/cars/e_type/electro-brit-the-lightning-car-company-gt-268011.php
I think only this guy would call the Tesla's battery management "Rube Goldberg." It's interesting, as he doesn't seem to have an equal grudge on all EVs, just on the Tesla.

Maybe he was a software developer who ended up hating both Windows and Linux.

He spent most of his life in the Washington, DC area, but due to price speculation at his McLean, VA condo, decided to sell and retire to Florida.
10420962732_1_M.jpg
==>
FH1.jpg

Last edited:
Here we go again:

12/12/2007 "If Ed Begley, prime liar in the crockumentary 'WKtEC?'..."
12/11/2007 "Perhaps some of those gullible skeptics who bought into the pathetically inane logic of 'WKtEC?' still have doubts. But then, they're total morons anyway"
12/10/2007 "The V2G scheme is a braindead idea"

Usual M.O.... Drop a turd then leave and watch everyone wallow in the mess.

Last edited:
Hey, look where our little friend turned up now. The first (and at this time, only) person to post anything about a favorable review of the Aptera on Gizmodo, Australia. (Spelling and formatting errors retained from original)
by kent beuchert at 11:33 AM

I can understand why they are going to California to sell - those people will buy ANYTHING if they thinks it's on the edge. Unfortunately, the Aptera is no more advanced that the Detroit Electric car was. And that car was built in 1907! Throw a bunch of crap on an
automobile and the yokels come streaming in to your carival tent. This car's use of space is
just plain braindead.

TEG, I think we're both right. It's some kind of alcohol fueled resentment against anything Left Coast.

LOL geez this guy must be a real idiot. I can't believe all the sources you people were able to link him to. Good work! I'm "somewhat" new to this forum, but I'm very impressed with the wealth of information here. Nothing compares. Bye the way Kent, you suck @ life. :tongue:

Last edited:
Here's another update:
Newsweek hails Maximum Bob as the savior of the electric car! - AutoblogGreen
"Here we can plainly see the errors wrought by Chris Pain's fictitious crockumentary."
"Actually, Bob Lutz didn't save the elctric car - that would be quite impossible without a practical full sized battery pack "
"When the fuel cell costs failed to come down fast enough, the VOLT was a natural
(but only slight) variation that newer, better batteries made possible. This car could not have been built back when the public was avoiding the EV-1 like the plague (Sorry, Chris Paine, but your film is a pack of lies, and you know it). "

Clearly trying to discredit the film. The weird thing was that although a lot of what he says is true (that the Volt is a PHEV, honda and other manufacturers also destroyed EVs, not just GM), there are things that are just outright false. He says the public was avoiding the EV-1 like the plague, which is just not true. Most people didn't even hear of it b/c of limited advertisement, so how can they avoid it if they didn't even know it existed. The waiting list for it was full. Clearly people had interest.
Still trying very hard overall to put out the impression that a practical EV is impossible dispite admitting that we now have "newer, better batteries". Lucky seems like no one in autobloggreen is falling for the trap.

Hi guys

I laughed out loud when I saw this thread. I've been aware of the phenomenon that is "Kent Beuchert " for some time now. I went through this thread pretty thoroughly and saw lots of comments he's left that I've missed. The "Thomas C Gray" thing was new to me too. He uses several different names but it's been awhile so I've forgotten what they were. The once thing I'm curious about is how he tracks down all these articles so quickly. It's amazing!
Someone should tell him, though, that the Fisker car is not named the Lightning. There is a electric car called the Lightning from England and T-Rex is calling their electric series, Lightning. Fisker hasn't announced a name but I imagine they'll do so soon.

Oh...Happy New Year!

OMG Kent spotted again. 12 o clock. Haha :rolleyes:

EVWORLD FEATURE: AFS Trinity Perfects Plug-in Hybrid Saturn Vue: AFS Trinity | Plug-In Hybrid | Saturn VUE Green Line

kent beuchert:

And here we have another shadetree mechanic who claims to have solved the battery problem. I can assure you that he has no idea how long these batteries will last, will offer no assurances nor guarantees, has no price points except that using capacitors increases costs, etc. I'm sick of seeing these vapor companies getting serious attention. Until you can provide some detailed info that can be verified and proves the system remotely feasible, I will consider this an instance of shilling. Get serious people and get valid info before publishing these fantasies.
13/Jan/2008
[59970]

Spotted at engadget this time:

Article: Tesla defies its roots, plans gas-electric car for 2009

"Tesla finally gets a dose of reality,but her fans still don't get it. Believing a battery-only EV is superior to a REV electric is a fantasy that I would associate with the very young and very ignorant. A few calculations demonstrate that a 40 mile plus range can redcue gasoline demand over 90% , and when the range grows to 50 (as it will for Tesla's competitor, the superior Fisker Karma REV) the demand drops and astonishing 95% plus percent, allowing ALL liquid fuel requirments to be met by ethanol, the newer formulations of which are FAR, FAR cleaner than an EV running on mostly coal fired electricity. Ah, the fools who bought into the fallacy of a clean, grid-supplied EV..."

Link:Tesla defies its roots, plans gas-electric car for 2009 - Engadget