Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key card necessary when unlocked in my garage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is it recently necessary to use my Key Car, when my T3 is unlocked in my garage? Two months ago, I only needed to step on the brake pedal, put it in reverse, and go. Is this a new security measure ??
For my 2021 Model 3, I've always needed either the kay card or phone app (bluetooth on) to be active to be able to drive the car even if it's unlocked.

Are you putting your phone in a different location now or have anything changed on your phone?

Why is it recently necessary to use my Key Car, when my T3 is unlocked in my garage? Two months ago, I only needed to step on the brake pedal, put it in reverse, and go. Is this a new security measure ??

AlexEnergy5
I've been having an issue where my walkaway door locks do not work and I have to use my key to put the car in drive. I thought it was an issue with my phone but now wondering if it is a bug. I have forgotten the device and reconfigured with no improvement. I'm on 2021.12.25.7.