Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kicked out of auto-pilot in error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only thing I hate more than an electronic nanny putting me in time out is an electronic nanny putting me in time out when I didn't even do anything wrong. Minding my own business on a country road. 60mph, one hand at about 5 on the steering wheel, looking ahead. AP does one nag that I cleared. Then a 2second nag about 5 seconds later that I cleared. Another 5 seconds later, it goes to red alert and kicks me out with an hour left on my drive. I had hands on and was looking ahead. Good thing it was a perfect day outside or I'd have been mad. Part of the reason why I will never trust some computer generated safety score. Anyway, anyone else have that happen? Does Tesla require 10 and 2 on the wheel for the hands on to register? Was this corrected with highland with the camera? Thoughts.

[woops. Meant to put this in the Autopilot/FSD forum. Move please?]

I had that happen once. Finally figured out that it was because I had manually turned the auto head lights off because they annoyed me when passing through shady areas on a sunny day.. AP didn't like that. I put the lights back on auto and AP worked fine after that.