Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kids in Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone got any advice on how to keep the car's entertainment on for older children that want to stay in the car(for example when we do a school drop-off for our younger child)? I don't like the idea of leaving my phone in the car - what I really want is the equivalent of 'accessory mode' that stay active after I leave the car. Whenever I leave the car and shut the door it all turns off. Any ideas?

I'm fairly sure just prodding at the screen after it turns off brings it back on, I've got the opposite problem of even when I walk away from the car I then have to go back to get the kids out of it.
I can second the issue with head rests when your kids are getting bigger, but then booster seats are less lethal than with smaller kids as they're at the right height for the belt.
I did have a no food in the car rule, but that didn't last long and we've had mud, rain spills and such and it's all cleaned up fine.
It's also a lot easier to get sick off the seats than my leaf with it's perforated leather :(
the only concern i have at all is that the rear doors do not have an emergency latch, which for bigger kids that could climb into the front in the event of an accident and loss of power isn't an issue, but with a smaller child It could be a bit different if you can't open the rear doors from the inside or outside.

Has anyone got any advice on how to keep the car's entertainment on for older children that want to stay in the car(for example when we do a school drop-off for our younger child)? I don't like the idea of leaving my phone in the car - what I really want is the equivalent of 'accessory mode' that stay active after I leave the car. Whenever I leave the car and shut the door it all turns off. Any ideas?
Try leaving the door on the first click

The mirror we have to attach to headrests isn't ideal for the model 3 as you can't get the straps under and through like normal. So it's not particularly secure. Has anyone found a decent headrest mirror that can be secured properly?.

I found out yesterday that the centre headrest can lift up so perhaps you can put the mirror there instead.

the only concern i have at all is that the rear doors do not have an emergency latch, which for bigger kids that could climb into the front in the event of an accident and loss of power isn't an issue, but with a smaller child It could be a bit different if you can't open the rear doors from the inside or outside.
I don't know where I saw it but someone added their own emergency release cable to the rear doors by drilling a small hole in the door pocket to allow a cable to attach to the release mechanism inside the door. The outside was attached to a strap to make it easy to pull.

I've told our son that in an emergency he needs to climb into the front to open the door.

Reactions: LK06