Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

King of Prussia "weekend social" 7/8 9-11am

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Xenius

Apr 24, 2015
Havertown, PA
Got an email to what I assume is a marketing event this Saturday, July 8th. First time getting one of these emails. Has anyone in the Philly area gotten this and planning to go? Or has anyone gone before?

I'd go...but it might require driving an ICE there, plus I can't find any information on whether or not it's worth it. Just curious if any other TMC folks were going to go, because then I'd be convinced.

I got it and I live 80 miles from King of Prussia. It looks to me like just a solar sales push:

We are excited to invite you, your family, and your friends to our July Weekend Social series, including light refreshments with the Tesla team.

Join other Tesla owners for an exclusive look at our advanced energy products. Our team of product experts will be available to discuss how combining solar and Powerwall provide you with the ability to produce your own energy, reduce your reliance on the grid, and sustainably power your lifestyle.

If you’re interested in attending an upcoming event near you, please RSVP below.

We look forward to seeing you.
I will not be attending.

I disagree that its a solar pitch. They've had events like this in the past and they were really just get togethers. Sometimes they showed off new features, but it was far from a sales pitch.

I went to a "social" in Devon previously - it was good. Definitely not sales related in any way. Had a few Tesla folks there (Presumably folks that work in Devon) and spent a lot of time taking questions, showing off some features, etc. I'm glad to see Tesla doing this - I don't know of any other manufacturer that goes out of their way to reach out to potential AND existing owners.

Reactions: Thinkje and gavine
Hey @jareade it was a decently well done event. Mostly outlining Tesla's vision of combining solar / powerwall / model s/x/3 as an entire system. Also it seems like the Tesla app is either getting a redesign to encompass all of these or maybe already does.

There was light breakfast fare and coffee as well. It was good to meet some other local owners.

One of the things that resulted from this is a group of us talking about trying to get an official owners club in this area formed. I know there are people out there who have done a ton of organizing of other fan events that have a lot of experience around this and I'm going to be reaching out to them for input.

For anyone reading this thread, if you'd be interested in either being a part of or helping to form an official owners club, please join this google community I've set up to try and get the process started. (link should be required)

https://plus.google.com/communities...qinv=MGpsT2tPbGszSGxxV0Q4cjBiT2JMNURRVzU3Z1JR