Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kr*st*n P*g*t

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
but people seemed to object to the whole idea of the thread and not just the few that derailed it by unfounded speculations ...

Again, he'd retired with a pocket full of money and I'm pretty sure that was clear from the get go. It doesn't hurt him in the same way it could this person. That's a significant difference, since you were asking what's different. You're not seeing it that way, I guess. *shrug* Just trying to show there in fact are differences, whether they are considered important or not is our individual call.

Again, he'd retired with a pocket full of money and I'm pretty sure that was clear from the get go. It doesn't hurt him in the same way it could this person. That's a significant difference, since you were asking what's different. You're not seeing it that way, I guess. *shrug* Just trying to show there in fact are differences, whether they are considered important or not is our individual call.

so the top person that was responsible for security in a company i invest in and from whom i own a security sensitive product leaves and a discussion surrounding their departure is off topic because we might hurt their future career ... ::shrugs:: ... you are right we each see it very differently but the discussion should not be off topic just because they didn't get as nice a package as George ... as long as we focus on what is relevant, your objections are misguided at best IMHO.

so the top person that was responsible for security in a company i invest in and from whom i own a security sensitive product leaves and a discussion surrounding their departure is off topic because we might hurt their future career ... ::shrugs:: ... you are right we each see it very differently but the discussion should not be off topic just because they didn't get as nice a package as George ... as long as we focus on what is relevant, your objections are misguided at best IMHO.

Not sure how a gender change is relevant.

not sure where this comment is coming from ... where in any of my posts did i come even close to referring to that? I was discussing the justification for what is supposed to be the basic premise of this thread which is the departure of a person responsible for a important part of the company.

Apologies. I assumed you'd read the overwhelming posts in this thread focusing on the gender issue - since that is what I've been objecting to. Clearly talking past each other. Glad to hear you don't think that is relevant.

If there's a mod around, it seems like posts focused on "he", "she", or "gender" (including subsequent discussion) should probably just be moved to a "we got sidetracked" thread so the original discussion can resume.

- - - Updated - - -

Was the role formerly occupied by Paget eliminated, filled with someone else, or is it up on their hiring page? I'm curious if anybody knows.

There was drama with the REST API a bit back, and IIRC some were suggesting that hiring security experts was in part related to that public concern.