Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

KW v3 with upgraded ARB settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I’ve just installed my KWv3 about 2 weeks ago, for 2021 SR+

I’ve followed the recommended settings in the manual that recommends:

Front
Rebound 8 clicks
Damping 4 clicks

Rear
Rebound 9 clicks
Damping 3 clicks

All from hard as per recommendation

The car felt really harsh, bumpy, but the handling was superb on smooth roads, so I’ve soften the front damping by 2 more clicks and rear damping by 1 click to be more compliant. It was much better.

So just last week I’ve installed RSS ARB, the front bars are solid 32mm and rear 26mm, same specs and probably same rating as eibach? they weigh a lot heavier than the stock ones. There were 3 settings for the front and 2 for the rear respectively. I’ve set them both to the softest since I feel that they are going to be quite abit stiffer.

After installation of the ARB I sometimes feel that the car feels a little under damped on more uneven roads it’s as though we run harder springs with mismatched dampers.

I’ve tried increasing the compression and rebound but it’s still too harsh for the street and I feel abit of loss of confidence, which is counter productive of what the car is suppose to do.

On the other hand, when I’m driving it myself spiritedly it handles reallly well but I don’t do that all the time.

Question,

1. Has anyone ran the same setup(KWv3 + ARB)? What was your settings or do u have a recommendation for such a combination ?

2. Should I revert back to stock ARB for more street compliance ?

3. I’ve not tried full soft yet, not sure how it would feel, also, is there a “rule” to adjust the compression/damping ? Should it be simultaneous or is there a range that we should play around with?

4. Or, should I look for another set of coilovers with softer springs but reduce the roll with the said ARB? I’m somehow in a dilemma right now so any inputs would help !

Regards
Geoffrey

Attachments

• 8AA52F3F-00BB-4504-91C8-4C167160ED67.jpeg
    8AA52F3F-00BB-4504-91C8-4C167160ED67.jpeg
    479.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 35A221F8-7658-4464-B661-8CD5E6D68807.jpeg
    35A221F8-7658-4464-B661-8CD5E6D68807.jpeg
    360.6 KB · Views: 41
  • D485502B-7091-4ECF-8D2F-7B887ED01478.jpeg
    D485502B-7091-4ECF-8D2F-7B887ED01478.jpeg
    489.5 KB · Views: 39
What was your goal for the upgraded sway bars? E.g. less lean? Or adjusting front vs rear stiffness balance?

I'm on stock bars with my coilovers (not KW V3 though) and to me it feels just right for the street. I like the good suspension independence from the soft stock sways.

I've upgraded sway bars on two past cars. No regrets there but those were very different handling cars than a Tesla, and also one of them I was doing track days with. Based on those experiences I don't want stiffer sways on my M3P just for street driving, not worth the compromises.

Track use might be another story. I haven't tracked this car and no plans to, but if I was doing track days I could see maybe wanting stiffer adjustable sways. Not really sure, just it seems plausible I'd find the tradeoffs worthwhile then.