TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ladies night...

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Mitrovic, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Mitrovic

Mitrovic Member

Married for 11 years now, and first time that this happened!

My wife has an evening with the ladies and she asked: by the way is the Tesla in the garage? ( we have several garages and several cars ).
    I told her: Yes?
    She: What a pity I've never driven it really, so far....it would be just fun to take it tonight...
    Me: You can take it....
    She: Oh, noooo, I've never practiced...
    Me: It's easy...
    She: No words, just a big enthusiastic smile!

Now she is of... will I see her again?

B.t.w. we have many wonderful cars, and never ever she wished to take another then her Citroen...

2. S-2000 Roadster

Nice story!

The S-2000 and Tesla Roadsters are both popular with the ladies ... at least the ones who like cars and driving.

3. strider

strider Active Member

We've had our Roadster for 7 months now and we also have a 5 month old baby. Needless to say my wife hasn't driven the Tesla very much. In fact she would often refer to it as the "stupid car" because we can't take the baby and/or the dog w/ us anywhere, can't pick people up from the airport in it, etc.

However, a couple weeks ago I was watching the baby and she had to run an errand. She asked if she could take the Tesla. When she got back she kept saying, "your car is so much fun!". Then last week she went to get a haircut and took the Tesla again. So yes, it has that affect on people.

4. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

My wife calls the Tesla a "guy magnet"....I'm still trying to figure out if that's a good or a bad thing?

5. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Definitely a guy magnet. You probably need to decide if that's a good thing or not :).

When my son was growing up, I was told by some very wise friends to make sure that he had equally good toys (windsurfers, kite boards, skis, mountain bike, etc) or I would lose mine. Wise advice that I followed ... and I suggest you all make sure your wives have cars as fun to drive as the Roadster. Because you may find an empty space in your garage otherwise :). Love for speed is not gender-specific. Just sayin'.

6. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

My first date with my wife was filled with wicked fast roller-coasters (the mechanical kind). The Roadster carries that tradition for two semi-adrenalin-junkies two decades on.

7. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

:)

8. Mitrovic

Mitrovic Member

Oh well, I saw them both again!

So far my wife allways refered to ALL of my cars as : stupid cars, and stupid time-waste.
    Something has changed....

9. benji4

benji4 Roadster 2.5 #0476

That's good advice, but what "other cars" are you talking about that are as fun to drive as the Roadster? A Volt, or a Karma perhaps? :smile:

10. richkae

richkae VIN587

Another Roadster

11. donauker

donauker Member

:biggrin::biggrin:

Yes, my girlfriend has mentioned the benefits of his and hers Roadsters on more than a few occasions! But with a Karma ordered and a Sig. Model S on reserve I really can't imagine were we would keep all the EVs in another year.

So to keep her from burning gas in her Mini Cooper S convertible, I give her the Roadster for her much longer commute and ride my Vectrix VX-1 when the weather is nice.:crying:

12. benji4

benji4 Roadster 2.5 #0476

At least in the case of the Karma you probably have lots of time left still until you have to worry about it :biggrin:. Anyway, I'm sure you'll have your Karma a year or so before your Model S as hard as Fisker seems to make you think otherwise.