Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Laptop tray - any opinions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm looking for opinions on these laptop style trays ... aka:

Jowua - Foldable Car Tray for Tesla

In particular, general opinions of these products (do you love them, hate them?) and the ergonomics of how far back you need to put the seat to make it actually usable. I often find myself needing some sort of surface in front of me while I wait in the car ... but I also can't move the seat back too far as there is a child seat behind me.

I ended up buying it. It's amazing if you need to sit in your car and wait for a bit. I got a ton of work done on it while the wife shopped ... and was quite comfortable the whole time doing remote desktop type work on my iPad.

It stores away very well in the frunk. With a reasonably slim kid seat behind me (Graco Slimfit3 LX) I can move the driver seat back enough to use the tray and still have leg room for the kid behind me.

I've got the Jowua tray as well but find it's to bulky and I have to move my seat (driver's seat) almost all the way back to use it comfortably. I'm now using this cheap tray for my iPad Pro (11") or Macbook Air (13") most of the time. It's small enough to stuff it in the seat-back pocket. It's a little flimsy but since it's level with the arm-rest, I can pull my iPad or laptop close to me to type. The only drawback is that you lose both cup holders but I have the door panel cup holder on both front seats to compensate though. A medium size coffee (Canadian Tim Hortons size) fits under the tray as the photo shows.

Attachments

• IMG_0696.jpg
    IMG_0696.jpg
    897.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0701.jpg
    IMG_0701.jpg
    755 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0699.jpg
    IMG_0699.jpg
    753 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0697.jpg
    IMG_0697.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0693.jpg
    IMG_0693.jpg
    629.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0694.jpg
    IMG_0694.jpg
    794.6 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: BitJam
I've got the Jowua tray as well but find it's to bulky and I have to move my seat (driver's seat) almost all the way back to use it comfortably. I'm now using this cheap tray for my iPad Pro (11") or Macbook Air (13") most of the time. It's small enough to stuff it in the seat-back pocket. It's a little flimsy but since it's level with the arm-rest, I can pull my iPad or laptop close to me to type. The only drawback is that you lose both cup holders but I have the door panel cup holder on both front seats to compensate though. A medium size coffee (Canadian Tim Hortons size) fits under the tray as the photo shows.
I agree the Jowua tray feels a bit bulky surface area wise, but I don't see any alternative to it ... it needs to sit in front of the steering wheels and it provides just the minimum amount of space to function as a reasonable desk. Any smaller and I don't think it would be quite as useful.

I do feel like it could be thinner and less heavy than two pieces of wood. And certainly could be cheaper as well.

But overall I'm pretty happy with the purchase. It definitely add an extra dimension of usability for my waiting sessions in the car.