Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Las Vegas to Amarillo - Charging Tips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone: I have done some searches, but am not finding everything I need. I'm not asking for basic charging tips because I know you all can get fired up and just send links here. So with that said, can I have some links please! lol. I have a 2018 Model 3 with a 1200 lb teardrop trailer and would like to know about what my best charging options are outside of the Tesla SuperCharger network. Should I use PlugShare? Scout out RV parks? Thanks for any links!

Hi Everyone: I have done some searches, but am not finding everything I need. I'm not asking for basic charging tips because I know you all can get fired up and just send links here. So with that said, can I have some links please! lol. I have a 2018 Model 3 with a 1200 lb teardrop trailer and would like to know about what my best charging options are outside of the Tesla SuperCharger network. Should I use PlugShare? Scout out RV parks? Thanks for any links!
I would use ABRP, put in your consumption rate for towing your trailer, and set it so that it looks for fast chargers besides superchargers.

Setting consumption 50% higher, and other fast chargers, I came up with 8 stops, with a non-supercharger one in Grants, NM, at a Walmart. The other 7 were superchargers. Of course, if you put real data, you'll get better results. The Kingman to Flagstaff segment required a slower speed, 62mph.

Setting consumption 100% higher, then you have 9 stops, with one more supercharger stop. Three segments require slower speeds, 62mph.

Last edited:
Reactions: user212_nr