Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last of the 2020’s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can understand the OP’s desire for a 2021 model year...but you think in the future, a Oct 2020 build is gonna fetch a higher selling price than a Sep 2020 build?

If the specs are the same then they it won’t...
Except it will because a October 2020 build is a 2021 model while a September 2020 build is a 2020 model. That’s how cars work. They don’t go by build dates, they go by model years.

Except it will because a October 2020 build is a 2021 model while a September 2020 build is a 2020 model. That’s how cars work. They don’t go by build dates, they go by model years.

I agree. Go onto the used Tesla site and look at the M3s and the prices. Model year DOES make a difference in price given the same trim and similar miles.

Imagine spending a few thousand more for different letter on your VIN in a few years when you are shopping used cars. Same build, odometer and features. Maybe VINs with 69xxx will be highly sought after too, like a rare Pokemon card. The ultimate unicorn with VIN 69420 worth 10k+ more.

Ok then...
imgo.jpg

Lucid Air price war :)
Eh. Not so much. At the moment they are looking to be short to hit 500k for FY2020. Or barely hit it if they are lucky. They have the model s line running slower and can produce around 5500 more vehicles for the quarter if they start getting more orders.
I’ll guess the price cut earlier this week didn’t bring as much as they had hoped for an increase in sales.

Reactions: bruce4000
I really don’t understand this "drink the kool-aid" view of Tesla so many people on this forum seem to have.

It seems perfectly reasonable for the OP or anyone else to want a newly built car rather than one that is potentially months old. Even more so if he’s paying the same amount of money, not to mention that others are known to be getting those newer cars.

At a minimum, I would be asking questions about the VIN or just ask to be rematched if not in a rush or if there’s any concerns.

Reactions: imola.zhp
I can understand the OP’s desire for a 2021 model year...but you think in the future, a Oct 2020 build is gonna fetch a higher selling price than a Sep 2020 build?

If the specs are the same then they it won’t...

Your assuming all future buyers of all used Tesla's will research build months (or even days) of possible used vehicle purchases.

Guess what? Not all buyers will, in fact its likely that very few buyers will. But when they read about all of the issues 2020 cars had, they may elect to remove 2020's from their short lists (up to and including September builds), focusing only on 2021's (October+ builds).

So yes, in the future, an October 2020 build could (and likely will) fetch a higher selling price than a September 2020 build as the October 2020 build car will be titled as a 2021 whereas the September 2020 build car will be titled as a 2020.

I don't understand how this isn't common-sense knowledge.