TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Late 2016 Model S - Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Shateam, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Shateam

Shateam Member

OK fellow TMC forum members...sorry for the click-bait title but trying to determine if this is normal.

I realize I can schedule an appointment with my local SC but thought I'd try to save some time first and check with you guys.

Anyone with a Model S want to get on the ground and check their S for me and report back? :)

The bolt in question is positioned vertically and the bolt "face" is looking straight down at the ground

*Better to watch with the volume enabled*

2. SSonnentag

SSonnentag Supporting Member

Let us know what part of the car we're looking at.

3. Shateam

Shateam Member

Sorry about that! This is the passenger side, a behind the front tire (where the battery part number sticker is located).

4. drklain

drklain Member

Yeah, no that is not normal. Looks like a bolt wasn't tightened to the right level and/or backed out some. It should definitely not be loose like that...

• Like x 1
  5. TM Parts

TM Parts Member

That's definitely loose. It holds both the subframe and the battery to the car.

• Like x 1
  6. Shateam

Shateam Member

OK, thanks @drklain and @TM Parts ! Will schedule an appointment to have it looked at. I also noticed the corresponding bolt on the driver's side has the same behavior.