Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Late 2017 vs Early 2019 changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From a consumer point of view, I believe the following changes went into the Model X since late 2017. I located the following

#1 MCU2
#2 The stamping under FWD is a little different to avoid for scratches
#3 The rear cargo tray has a much nicer pull and it is thicker
#4 I believe the FWD button might be different color than before
#5 The bezel around the center screen
#6 Interior color combo
#7 Under the frunk, the cut tag is gone. They also changed some of the plastic pieces.
#8 Some small plastic body parts change
#9 The door latches seem quieter, but not 100% sure
#10 The FWD seems to close slower

There are probably more, but these are the obvious ones to me.

Center screen bezel... really? Does anyone have a photo of this? My aluminum bezel was dented at a body shop & they have agreed to repair it.
Interested if the new bezel is difference material?
Photo please. -TechVP

BTW: the new door latches are quieter -- my 2017 was upgraded to newer latches. Wow, its nice. Quiet and instantly opens.

I should add

#11 I am not 100% sure about this, but I believe the leather on the steering wheel might be different texture.
#12 the glovebox button is different color, likely from the bezel change
13. I think some of the panelsunder our foot changed

Center screen bezel... really? Does anyone have a photo of this? My aluminum bezel was dented at a body shop & they have agreed to repair it.
Photo please. -TechVP

BTW: the new door latches are quieter -- my 2017 was upgraded to newer latches. Wow, its nice. Quiet and instantly opens.

You really can’t just change one piece, it changes the vent bezel too

These are not as loud as the gen 1 latches, but my late 17 latches were quieter than these. I don’t like it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 82
Photo please. -TechVP

They changed all the silver bezels/trims to dark chrome, sort of like dark grey, same material.

Yup you are right

Also I should add now the audio no longer resets to the beginning of the song on start up. It just plays at wherever you left off.

The new car seems to have more wind noise but less rattle. It could just be the lengedary Tesla qa

They changed all the silver bezels/trims to dark chrome, sort of like dark grey, same material.
Can't believe I missed the bezel change. I'll look at my next showroom visit.
It's probably for the better.
From a recent quote...
It's expensive to repair/replace the aluminum frame bezel. The part is $80, but labor to remove the surrounding panels, etc. over $400.

-TechVP