Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest dashcam recordings always 1 byte

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I remove my dashcam USB drive and plug it into a laptop to see my events, the last dozen or so in the "RecentClips" folder are always 1 byte. Is there maybe a buffer not getting saved, because I'm not doing any kind of a "safe eject" procedure? I haven't seen any such thing on-screen. I haven't had similar issues with the "SavedClips" folder.

When I remove my dashcam USB drive and plug it into a laptop to see my events, the last dozen or so in the "RecentClips" folder are always 1 byte. Is there maybe a buffer not getting saved, because I'm not doing any kind of a "safe eject" procedure? I haven't seen any such thing on-screen. I haven't had similar issues with the "SavedClips" folder.

there's no actual safe eject- but if you hold down the camera button with a long press it will "stop" recording and after a minute or so anything buffered should be saved to the key.

Still doesn't unmount cleanly so you might still get a "check for errors" message when you insert it in a PC- but might address the issue you're seeing.