Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest EV Tax Credit Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Problem is based on my understanding:

* Need to own the vehicle for at least 2 years.
* Needs to have a selling price below $25,000
* Needs to be bought from a dealer.
You are correct. I am leaning towards cancelling the order and let the dust settle - we have a over a year left on our full manufacture warranty on our current car (CLS300 Coupe), so the only risk is prices keep climbing on Tesla's and the credit means nothing, but at that point we would consider other options once we are in the $70K+ range

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark and T4M3
That depends on your order price. Reordering for 2023 might just get you a higher price with a credit but your current order might be almost as cheap (expensive:)). No credit but maybe a better price.
I got MYP order Placed in April at $69K, after the most recent price increase - I have no incentive to keep the order, unless I think prices go up to $78K for a MYP in a few months for delivery in early 2023, which I thinks possible but not probable..... meh:rolleyes:

Problem is based on my understanding:

* Need to own the vehicle for at least 2 years.
* Needs to have a selling price below $25,000
* Needs to be bought from a dealer.

Re: “need to own the vehicle for at least 2 years”…

I hadn’t seen that anywhere. Is this maybe a misinterpretation of requirement that the model year of the used car needing to be at least 2 years old?

I also saw here that the income caps for the used EV credit are 50% lower than the caps for the new vehicle credit: $75k single, $150k married jointly. And there are some other fine print restrictions listed in that linked article.