Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LayOut Wait Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Newbie here, I ordered Tesla`s 8.16 Kw system about two weeks ago. On average, how long should I wait to receive my layout plan? When I check my account page on their website I see I have already been assigned a project manager. I have sent that person an email and no response yet.

My own personal experience only. After I submitted my order, someone from Tesla Energy came to my house within a week to take pictures of the roof, meter and panel even though I had sent in photos already, they also climbed up to the attic to check. I had my layout in less than 3 days after that. I changed from solar panels to solar roof because Tesla wanted to replace my roof first, the new solar roof layout was completed in 3 days. I had 2 more revisions after that to increase the solar output and each time the new layout was completed within 3 days. Project advisors are overloaded but you can try calling the general solar inquiry, some of them are not senior advisors and will not answer specific questions but they probably can submit the layout request for you.

My own personal experience only. After I submitted my order, someone from Tesla Energy came to my house within a week to take pictures of the roof, meter and panel even though I had sent in photos already, they also climbed up to the attic to check. I had my layout in less than 3 days after that. I changed from solar panels to solar roof because Tesla wanted to replace my roof first, the new solar roof layout was completed in 3 days. I had 2 more revisions after that to increase the solar output and each time the new layout was completed within 3 days. Project advisors are overloaded but you can try calling the general solar inquiry, some of them are not senior advisors and will not answer specific questions but they probably can submit the layout request for you.
Thank you for the feedback.