Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease end disposal fee waiver?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model X lease has ended and I bought a new Model X. I remember that Tesla sales told me that since I am a loyal customer, I don't have to pay the lease end disposal fee of $395. Have anyone done this? What is the process? I got a bill that still shows the $395 fee. Thanks in advance.

Thank you Jef, you are very helpful.

I went through US Bank. I will send an email to [email protected].

Who was your original lease through? US Bank or Tesla? If it's US Bank then you need to email your final statement to [email protected] and they'll take care of it. If it was through Tesla then I have no idea...

Hopefully you got in writing that Tesla would be covering that fee for you...

Jeff

We used swapalease to avoid the fee.
:cool:
Do you mean you took over a lease or gave one up on there?

I'm in the market now for my first lease, (my beautiful 2015 S was totaled by a semi last week) and am thinking about going through swapalease. I assume you had a good experience. Does the seller typically get the car inspected by Tesla first? There aren't any in my area (Seattle) with my broad criteria (S/X with 1000+mi/mo) so I'll probably be having it shipped from somewhere farther away sight unseen, and I have no idea what happens if you get it and it smells, or you find damage that wasn't listed. I hear all the paperwork is through Tesla, but what if seller is asking for a downpayment? (he apparently paid a lot down for this one, and is looking to recoup a little - still a decent deal).

Or I jump into a new 36mo lease nearby on a great showroom deal on S (still comes to about $40k over 3yrs though). Any advice/thoughts much appreciated!! Sorry to hijack the thread...