Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease Return TeslaMate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The big day has arrived. Model 3 is soon being collected by Auction Co after the end of my lease.

I have factory reset and removed phone keys from the car. I have removed my payment details from my Tesla account. The car is not visible in my dashboard as it's a lease so no car to remove.

I can still access data though in Teslamate. How will this be revoked other than by me?

I can still access data though in Teslamate. How will this be revoked other than by me?

I presume that Teslamate is accessing the car listed on the main car account. All the while that the car is attached to that account, it will be accessible.

I don't have any experience in lease cars, but at some point you will have needed to tell TeslaMate what account details/password to use. If that account is in your control then changing password will revoke car access, although it would probably be enabled if you updated to new details in TeslaMate. But that account may also have an option that you can say that you have 'sold' the car - imho, that should really be an option for the lease company to do.

Upvote 0
Yes, I'm sure the diligent people at the lease company will remove my car and that will revoke the token Teslamate is using. 😧

Something to be aware of when buying an ex-lease from auction but I don't know how you could check it had been removed as the new owner.

Upvote 0