Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leaving Tesla plugged in for an extended time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In florida, where you don't get freezing weather, it really doesn't matter whether it's 240 or 120. Depends on what you need when you get back. Definitely wouldn't have it above 80%. Frankly I'd suggest 50%. But that depends on what you need when you get back. Of course, you can always get on the app and up the charge just before you get home.

As a side note 240 volt charging is much more efficient than 110.

I am in Fla.I usually set at 50% using a 220 charge. I was at a Tesla dealership the other day and was told 110 versus 220 was better for the batteries for an extended period of time. I had never heard this before and did not know it made a difference on the longevity of battery life?

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
I am in Fla.I usually set at 50% using a 220 charge. I was at a Tesla dealership the other day and was told 110 versus 220 was better for the batteries for an extended period of time. I had never heard this before and did not know it made a difference on the longevity of battery life?
Whomever stated that didn't know what they were talking about.

General consensus is to plug the car in (120v or 240v no matter) and set the SoC to 50% if you're parking it for extended periods.