Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LED Tesla Logo Puddle Light Making Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought some LED Tesla Logo puddle/courtesy lights and installed them. I notice a slight buzz noise. Lights work fine but the buzzing sound annoys me. Also, I noticed that in the drivers side, when both doors are open, the front puddle light turns off. Once I close the back door, the front one comes back on again. No issues with the back two puddle lights. Passenger front door I still have the stock puddle lights installed.

I also bought puddle lights from Abstract Ocean, the buzzing went away in mine after about a day. And I only noticed that the lights on either side dim when the corresponding front/back door is opened neither turns off for a while(I haven't tried opening all four doors at once yet though)

I just recently installed the LED Tesla T puddle lights as well on the front driver/passenger doors only. I've also noticed the high pitch noise. I emailed Abstract Ocean and they referred me to the FAQ section:

Q: The puddle lights are making a high-pitch noise when plugged into my Model 3

A: Although we can't completely explain why, the solid-state fuses in the Model 3 are causing this issue, and normally reset after the car goes through a sleep cycle. Sometimes it can take a couple of cycles for the circuit to 'settle' with the new bulbs, but once it does, the whine should go away. The car normally sleeps after 4-6 hours of inactivity, so typically overnight. During this time the solid-state fuses go through a soft-reset, and that normally stabilizes the circuit, after which there won't be any further issues.

I will have the lights settle in for a few more days and see if the noise goes away.
As for the front puddle lights turning off, they automatically turn off after 1 minute.

I just recently installed the LED Tesla T puddle lights as well on the front driver/passenger doors only. I've also noticed the high pitch noise. I emailed Abstract Ocean and they referred me to the FAQ section:

Q: The puddle lights are making a high-pitch noise when plugged into my Model 3

A: Although we can't completely explain why, the solid-state fuses in the Model 3 are causing this issue, and normally reset after the car goes through a sleep cycle. Sometimes it can take a couple of cycles for the circuit to 'settle' with the new bulbs, but once it does, the whine should go away. The car normally sleeps after 4-6 hours of inactivity, so typically overnight. During this time the solid-state fuses go through a soft-reset, and that normally stabilizes the circuit, after which there won't be any further issues.

I will have the lights settle in for a few more days and see if the noise goes away.
As for the front puddle lights turning off, they automatically turn off after 1 minute.

Did it go away? I just installed mine and I hear the humming noise.

Does your front doors dim when the back doors are open too?

I didn't notice the front lights dimming when the rear doors are open. I'm still having the humming noise but its really faint not. Doesn't bother me too much since I don't have the doors open for too long.

I also have an issue with dimming/completely off puddle lights when other doors are opened. Is the power source limited for puddle lights or shades?

All puddle lights automatically turn off after 1 minute by default. I don't have any issues with any lights being dimmed when other doors are opened.

I'll try to take pics of both the front and rear doors open together. Here's just the front door open.

IMG_4809.JPG