Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Left Falcon Door not opening sometimes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have a peculiar problem and I cannot figure out what it is:

the left falcon door would not open if I approach the car and press on the handle. The driver side door opens. Also if I double click on the side of the FOB, the falcon door will open just fine. I also noticed that if I open the driver door and then click on the door handle of the wing, the falcon door will open.

Feels like I am missing something obvious like a child lock? But it is disabled. I do not think it is malfunction. I hope it is not...

We've had "issues" with both falcon wing doors as well as the driver door opening. All of it always seemed to be related to either the sensor or the wiring harness for the sensor in the falcon wing door. At the end of the day both hardnesses and sets or sensors have been replaced and for the most part no more weird issues.

Hi,

I have a peculiar problem and I cannot figure out what it is:

the left falcon door would not open if I approach the car and press on the handle. The driver side door opens. Also if I double click on the side of the FOB, the falcon door will open just fine. I also noticed that if I open the driver door and then click on the door handle of the wing, the falcon door will open.

Feels like I am missing something obvious like a child lock? But it is disabled. I do not think it is malfunction. I hope it is not...

Have you taken it to get check out at the service center?

On your main screen showing the Doors, is an object showing on the left side? Or a red line?

We have that issue when the sun is shining on it for a few minutes or more. Incredibly irritating and sometimes embarrassing (hey look at my cool car! The doors can’t open if they’re facing west tho...)