Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Length of time between order placement and communication

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious how long it takes Tesla to get back to you after order placement. I am adding 2 Powerwalls to existing solar. I did the upload and pictures. There is nothing in my ToDo section. The downloads show my Utility bill and the Powerwall Purchase agreement as completed. Not sure why it shows.
  • Confirm Order: Coming Soon

We're preparing your payment details

Utility Bill: Uploaded
The next step appears to be them handling permit. Just unsure whether they come back to you with their layout of the batteries and Backup Gateway or if you don't see that until install time.

Anxious Newbie

In my case with my solar order once I had done my home assessment and uploaded my utility bill and such they came back with a panel layout within a day or two. But I’m not sure how it will go with a powerwall only order. You can call Tesla at 877-571-7652 to speak with an energy advisor and they should be able to give you more details about the status of your order. But call soon because they’re closed on Sat and Sun.

With our solaroof + PowerWall order it took a 2-3 weeks to get anything back after we sent in bills and pictures. The next message was from the scheduling department. They scheduled an onsite inspection. This inspection ran about 4 hours and they opened up every electrical box.