TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Leno on TopGear

Discussion in 'Video' started by TEG, Aug 4, 2009.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#1 TEG, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Thanks for that TEG. Highly entertaining. At least he was not shilling Hydrogen on the show this time.

I drive those Kanan tunnels all the time. Only exceed the limit after 9PM. Black and whites live there. Wife has proof.

Actually thought his lap would be faster...

3. Brent

Brent Member

I stopped riding my bicycle through those things after being freaked out by guys like Leno and you! :eek:

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

You were riding after 9PM? :rolleyes:

I cycle the SM mountains all the time and drive with great respect for riders. (especially Lance) :smile:

5. Brent

Brent Member

Good point! You won't see me on a bicycle after dark.

You aside, however, there are too many aggressive daytime drivers up on the popular routes -- Mulholland, Kanan, and sometimes Latigo Canyon. I'm thankful that the CHP patrols the routes thoroughly; many Sundays I see several stops along a short stretch of road. Still, I've had my share of close calls, where a few inches here or there would have made me a bug on some driver's windshield.

I haven't seen many Roadsters up there, however. Just one so far, although the recent rally took many owners along those routes.

6. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Was up there last night. Two CHiPs pulling speeders over. At 10:20! Luckily I was a passenger and going the other direction.. :redface:

I've seen Red, Black, and the bright Green one. The rally almost had one of each but did not got through the tunnels.

As for biking it just sucks. The long smooth turn roads have cars going waaay too fast and the short turn roads are blind enough that both driver and rider can be in the same space in an instant.

I'm doing mostly MB offroad now.

Back on topic,
    Check out Jays new show that borrows from TG and others.