Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lets see your garage!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8E2B9016-8504-4466-8108-8005D7EC5A19.jpeg
6E719975-421E-4D93-903F-83C52EAAAAAD.jpeg
E6E42E28-7936-4620-8991-97A1620DF71C.jpeg
B92042BC-37E5-4F7C-984D-EE21A70D0613.jpeg

Reactions: Don TLR and Boourns
No Tesla in the garage yet.
DNG_8743.jpg

It looks like you park your car in a hallway.

LOL because people can get names and email addresses from it.

Someone with access to the DMV data (like law enforcement) can look up your name and physical address from the license plate number. Though I don't believe the Washington Department of Licensing (our equivalent to the DMV) has any of my e-mail addresses. And I would rather someone nefarious get an e-mail address than my physical address. With my e-mail address nobody is going to steal the contents of my house.

Vehicle registration departments try to keep that data private and track who has requested the information though to prevent would be house burglars running every expensive car's license plate number.

I do blank out the license plates of any car picture I post online though (including our own cars). The less data that's out there the better.

Not much space in downtown Zürich for a real garage.
My house was built in 1757, about 150 years before cars were a thing, so you have to make the most out of it.

I figured it was something like that. Portland was only incorporated in 1851, but there are houses in the older parts of town that still have rings to tie up horses and many don't have garages. A friend of ours is nuts about anything eco, but owning a plug in just won't work in his neighborhood. He doesn't have a garage and with street only parking, he never parks in the same spot twice.

I figured it was something like that. Portland was only incorporated in 1851, but there are houses in the older parts of town that still have rings to tie up horses and many don't have garages. A friend of ours is nuts about anything eco, but owning a plug in just won't work in his neighborhood. He doesn't have a garage and with street only parking, he never parks in the same spot twice.
Swap the horse rings with HPWCs and tie up electric horses to them instead ;)

Since when

No, I haven't had any issues with it. Cops behind the vehicle too. I am not big on stickers... :(
It looks like you park your car in a hallway.

Someone with access to the DMV data (like law enforcement) can look up your name and physical address from the license plate number. Though I don't believe the Washington Department of Licensing (our equivalent to the DMV) has any of my e-mail addresses. And I would rather someone nefarious get an e-mail address than my physical address. With my e-mail address nobody is going to steal the contents of my house.

Vehicle registration departments try to keep that data private and track who has requested the information though to prevent would be house burglars running every expensive car's license plate number.

I do blank out the license plates of any car picture I post online though (including our own cars). The less data that's out there the better.

It's not DMV related. Tesla issue related. Emailed them about it with no response.

Swap the horse rings with HPWCs and tie up electric horses to them instead ;)

The big issue is getting power to the horse rings. I think some people in Portland have floated the issue of installing curbside charging stations in that neighborhood, but it would be expensive. The electrical infrastructure for the neighborhood would probably need to be beefed up. Most houses only have 100A service or less. If charging was available, I would expect there would be more plug in adoption in that neighborhood. The inner SE has a lot of eco hippies. Half the cars are Priuses (Prii?) now.

View attachment 205482

No Tesla yet. Considered an S for the wife but she runs the battery dead on everything.
The i3 in the shot is gone now, lease was up , replaced with a BMW X540e for the wife.
I'm calling it her training wheels for a future EV. Garage was a DIY job , epoxy floor and some cabinets from an online retailer, not heavy duty but we are easy on stuff.

I like the layout and design; Care to share the online source