Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LH Crush Can Assembly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my 2023 MYLR in for a high-pitched noise that sounds like a dentist drill when accelerating, along with a pulsing noise when cruising. I see on the repair tracker that they are replacing the "lh crush can assembly." Any clues what this is, and why they might be replacing that?

Did you ever figure this out? I, too, have a high pitched sound on my 2023 MY LR when I accelerate. Anything to be worried aobut?
They never told me why they replaced that part, but they did end up replacing the whole front motor. They said they have an app or device that measures the sound while driving, and if it goes above a certain threshold, it authorizes them to replace the motor. If I were you, I'd take the car in until they fix it. It took me three tries, and they said it didn't meet the threshold the first couple of times, but I guess it kept getting worse. Even the new motor has a high pitched sound, but it's 90% quieter than the old motor, and if it ever crosses that threshold, I guess I can try to get it replaced again. Tesla could save itself so much money if they had any QA checks on the sound before shipping, or maybe if they added extra sound insulation.

Reactions: theothertom