Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

License plate mounting points

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the S have 2 or 4 mounting points for the rear license plate? The pictures I have noted so far show only 2 screws at the top edge. However, it could be that there are 2 lower mounting points which are simply disregarded or rendered unusable by a license plate frame with a solid bottom bar. I would also appreciate information regarding mounting hardware. Will standard bolts (metal or plastic) sold as packages in car supply stores suffice? Or does one have to pick out a set "a la carte" from the hardware bins at Home Depot or Lowes? Thanks in advance for your answers. They will help me design a custom license plate frame.

Does the S have 2 or 4 mounting points for the rear license plate? The pictures I have noted so far show only 2 screws at the top edge. However, it could be that there are 2 lower mounting points which are simply disregarded or rendered unusable by a license plate frame with a solid bottom bar. I would also appreciate information regarding mounting hardware. Will standard bolts (metal or plastic) sold as packages in car supply stores suffice? Or does one have to pick out a set "a la carte" from the hardware bins at Home Depot or Lowes? Thanks in advance for your answers. They will help me design a custom license plate frame.

There are 4 mounting points ... they're plastic inserts. Don't know the appropriate hardware size as they were given to me by the service center.