Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

License Plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up the Ottosteer magnetic plate holder last week and installed it today. Installs really easily and you can quickly yank the plate off there if you want.

OttoStick Tesla Model 3 Magnetic Front License Plate Holder

Love the OttoStick. I've had it since last summer and it's great to be able to pop it on when parking on city streets to avoid a ticket. The magnets are very strong and I have no worries about it coming off when driving. I also like knowing that if someone bumps into my front-end in a parking lot, it will give way and not damage the grill, unlike what I've read about happening with permanent grill-mounted designs.

At first, I was worried about my plate not being secure and possibly getting stolen, but when was the last time you saw someone trying to pull plates off of a car with their bare hands? Not like the ones attached by tape are going to stop them either. If they really want a plate, there's a sea of cars in every parking lot and all it takes is a powered screwdriver and 5 seconds.

The biggest downside is the price. I'm sure they are recouping the costs of bringing it to market and then some. There's no way it's even close to a $100 product, especially as it uses the existing plate holder. Maybe like $5-10 worth of materials, if that.