Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted door handles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put those glow in the dark handle stickers on mine. They actually work fairly well, but does start to get a little bit janky after a year. Not bad enough yet for me to remove them, but eventually I'll probably remove them and put on a new set, unless I find something better.

• Informative
Reactions: mborkow
Can you post pictures of what yours looks like in the dark and after a year
I don’t have any in the dark pictures but do have one in my garage from when I first got them about a year ago. I’ll post some pictures of them now below it. If I remember I'll take a picture of them tonight in the dark.

I think since I got them, I might have looked for the handles in the dark maybe once or twice, but they did help.

IMG_1498.jpeg

Driver side front:
IMG_3147.jpeg

Driver side rear:
IMG_3148.jpeg

Passenger side rear:
IMG_3149.jpeg

Passenger side front:
IMG_3150.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: Skavatar
I added aftermarket door handles to my car. I love 'em! They look great. They make opening the doors easier for me. I don't have to explain to other people how to open the doors. AND they make the door handles much easier to find at night.

I think they were originally designed and/or marketed for making the doors easier to open when the handles have iced over. They do this too. After using these for a while the OEM handles seem silly/stupid. If I get another Model Y, mud flaps and door handles will be the first things I add.

just-handles-1.jpg

Reactions: Skavatar
I don’t have any in the dark pictures but do have one in my garage from when I first got them about a year ago. I’ll post some pictures of them now below it. If I remember I'll take a picture of them tonight in the dark.

I think since I got them, I might have looked for the handles in the dark maybe once or twice, but they did help.

View attachment 1029632

Driver side front:
View attachment 1029633

Driver side rear:
View attachment 1029634

Passenger side rear:
View attachment 1029635

Passenger side front:
View attachment 1029636
Looks great thank you

I tried taking some in the dark pictures, but it appears much brighter in the pictures than in real life, so it's not of much use. It is visible in pitch dark, so to me it does the job it's supposed to.
yeah i do most of the driving in the day so idk if i really want these, its nice to have but its useless for me since i live in the south and barely drive at night. Though it will help when i do go sometimes to difffereinate between mine MYLR and other 4000 at walmarts i see nowadays lol