Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lights, switching to left-hand drive, DRL, parking lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I am based in Europe (Netherlands), where we have some specific regulatory requirements regarding lights. For my M3 LR AWD I am curious to learn how I can switch:
  1. From right-hand driving lights pattern to left-hand driving pattern. Many cars have this nowadays as a setting, so no need to use the old-fashioned lamp masking stickers. Is this possible with the M3?
  2. On the DRL, this is obligatory in Scandinavian countries, but I have not found a setting that keeps DRL on constantly while driving apart from switching on manually every time I start the car.
  3. Parking lights, when parking in unlit areas it is sometimes mandatory to switch on parking lights on one side (the road side) to warn other traffic. In my other cars this is done by setting the indicator stalk when parking, but I have not found something like this on the M3, is this available in some form?
Thanks for your advices,

Huub

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
Apologies, I meant switching to right-hand drive pattern obviously :)

Huub
Hi

I’ve seen this question about the lights before and the consensus was the the dipping beam pattern is pretty symmetrical so no adjustment is required. My observation agrees with that assertion but how legal it is I can’t say