Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Likelihood of a writeoff '17 p100d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

My new (to me) 2017 Model S P100D was involved in an accident that I've been deemed not at fault for. Been having a hard time getting my claims adjuster on the phone, have left a bunch of messages politely asking to talk. The one time I spoke to him he was polite enough, just very abrupt and told me to inform him where to take my car since it had to be towed.

The accident was on Jan 28, and as of today it's been sitting in the parking lot at the collision centre I chose for 8 days. I got in touch with one of their estimators (not the one assigned to my file though because he's apparently on vacation for the rest of the week), and he told me their visual estimate was only around $11,000CDN so far. That seems incredibly low to me; does anyone have any thoughts on if they are out to lunch? I'm extremely worried about the depreciation of the car when I hope to trade up to the refresh S in <2yr when my extended warranty expires. Also, the battery has drained to basically nothing in the 2 weeks from 290km and I also think the tow company may have left a window open and the interior got completely soaked from recent rain...

Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_8541.jpg
    IMG_8541.jpg
    897.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Informative
Reactions: Bitjockey