Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield rock chip repair Vancouver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have another small rock chip in my windshield, thought I should see to it before the cold weather. I had one repaired locally in Burnaby 3 yrs ago on my 2015 Model S. Today I went to the same place, they said they no longer repair chips in Teslas. I thought this was odd, he explained Tesla is un-cooperative with the glass repair organization locally and now this locally-run family shop does not do them. I did not think Tesla glass is anything special that might need extra care (ie staining or discolouring the lamination).
He also told me Speedy does the road does not repair them any longer. He suggested I speak to Tesla Service Vancouver directly.
While this does not surprise me one bit when dealing with a Tesla, I find this very odd.
Has anyone locally had recent experience with ICBC chip repairs in the Lower Mainland?

I had a similar struggle here in Ontario. I ended up finding Apple Auto glass who would do the fix, but couldn't provide that it wouldn't crack during the process and couldn't honor their guarantee if it cracked after. I'm not sure if you have any of them out your way.

Speedy also refused me here.

I have another small rock chip in my windshield, thought I should see to it before the cold weather. I had one repaired locally in Burnaby 3 yrs ago on my 2015 Model S. Today I went to the same place, they said they no longer repair chips in Teslas. I thought this was odd, he explained Tesla is un-cooperative with the glass repair organization locally and now this locally-run family shop does not do them. I did not think Tesla glass is anything special that might need extra care (ie staining or discolouring the lamination).
He also told me Speedy does the road does not repair them any longer. He suggested I speak to Tesla Service Vancouver directly.
While this does not surprise me one bit when dealing with a Tesla, I find this very odd.
Has anyone locally had recent experience with ICBC chip repairs in the Lower Mainland?
The last time I have mine replaced , Tesla ordered the parts and a 3rd party installed it.

Update. I tried Tesla Service over the phone to see who would do the chip repair. Service actually was available to speak to, they indicated I should look at the approved body shop list on the local website and go from there. Many of the autobody places listed do not do glass. One listed in South Van did both, I went in today and they repaired on the spot. Very nice people to deal with.
My speculation is that Tesla does not supply replacement glass to everyone, just approved shops. Those local, extremely capable glass shops that are not on the approved list, do not want to touch it.

Reactions: spurs10 and jjgg
Good to know that some Tesla-approved body shops will do it. I just checked the list of them on Tesla website, and in Vancouver area, two of them have "glass" in their business names. I guess these should be able to do the glass repairs.

Update. I tried Tesla Service over the phone to see who would do the chip repair. Service actually was available to speak to, they indicated I should look at the approved body shop list on the local website and go from there. Many of the autobody places listed do not do glass. One listed in South Van did both, I went in today and they repaired on the spot. Very nice people to deal with.
My speculation is that Tesla does not supply replacement glass to everyone, just approved shops. Those local, extremely capable glass shops that are not on the approved list, do not want to touch it.
I also have a small rock chip on my Model X. Could you please share the name of the shop where you had your repair done? Thanks.