Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Limited A/C and battery cooling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
good day.
few days ago I updated my Tesla on 2017.50.2 (3bd9f6d).
but got warning msg: "limited A/C and battery cooling" (you can see on picture)
any ideas what the problem?

Attachments

• tesla msg.jpg
    tesla msg.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 285
First post here and learning. I got this message of X that Dad handed-down. Called service and they told me it was due to too low battery level and I should charge. Battery level indicated 48 miles remaining. I charged and it message went away.

I picked up my X on Friday, and by Saturday afternoon it was on a Tow Truck. I just talked to service and now they are saying its a possible leak with unknown timeframe on a fix. Seems like everyone in this thread got lucky had just needed a top off. Has anyone actually had a leak? Not a happy camper right now... Only got to drive the car once.

I got this msg on my X yesterday after parking outside at around 5F for about 5 hours, charge was at about 90miles which is around 40%. but the msg went away after i charged at home. car is only 2 weeks old. software is latest. Hope there is nothing leaking. I already have window not rolling up issue.

After taking my S to the service center this is what they did:

Concern: Customer: Alert: Air Conditioning has poor / no cooling performance
Corrections: Cabin HVAC General Diagnosis Found the vehicle slightly low on refrigerant. Performed an evacuate and recharge of the system. After monitoring the system, no leaks were found. Ensured the system was filled properly to specification and released.
Pay Type: Goodwill

I'm wondering if the cold weather had anything to do with this.

After taking my S to the service center this is what they did:

Concern: Customer: Alert: Air Conditioning has poor / no cooling performance
Corrections: Cabin HVAC General Diagnosis Found the vehicle slightly low on refrigerant. Performed an evacuate and recharge of the system. After monitoring the system, no leaks were found. Ensured the system was filled properly to specification and released.
Pay Type: Goodwill

I'm wondering if the cold weather had anything to do with this.
I picked up my X on Friday, and by Saturday afternoon it was on a Tow Truck. I just talked to service and now they are saying its a possible leak with unknown timeframe on a fix. Seems like everyone in this thread got lucky had just needed a top off. Has anyone actually had a leak? Not a happy camper right now... Only got to drive the car once.

I just had a leak on my Tesla, a clear oily liquid substance that stains the driveway, but is obviously not oily. I also notice some blue liquid on my door frame above the windows that appears to be splashed on there as if the refrigerant had made its way up and splashed all over my car. The Splash covers around 3 feet of the car along the driver door, side and frame.

After two days of leaking, I then run into the exact same error (Limited A/C and Battery Cooling). Now it blows hot air. After calling Tesla, they told me they've never heard of the problem before. At least they're consistent with telling me the same usual response: "funny, i've never heard any one complain about the problem." Putting the car back into service (after only 300 miles of owning the vehicle).

Besides that, their service is great, the people are charming, and I still love my vehicle.

I just had a leak on my Tesla, a clear oily liquid substance that stains the driveway, but is obviously not oily. I also notice some blue liquid on my door frame above the windows that appears to be splashed on there as if the refrigerant had made its way up and splashed all over my car. The Splash covers around 3 feet of the car along the driver door, side and frame.

After two days of leaking, I then run into the exact same error (Limited A/C and Battery Cooling). Now it blows hot air. After calling Tesla, they told me they've never heard of the problem before. At least they're consistent with telling me the same usual response: "funny, i've never heard any one complain about the problem." Putting the car back into service (after only 300 miles of owning the vehicle).

Besides that, their service is great, the people are charming, and I still love my vehicle.
I meant "obviously not oil."