Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Limitations service mode model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model S 75 from 2017. Using service mode i get the following alerts during supercharging

THC_w0142_rfrgSuctPress
THC_w0145_rfrgSuctPress_Range

I have no idea of the meaning of these alerts. Are they serious? Do I need to make an appointment at the SeC?

I tried to look into the cooling tab of the service mode menu, but I could not find a tab nor any detailed info.
IMG_6063.jpeg

Are there limitations of the service mode menu for older model S cars?

Thanks. What happens if i neglect the messages ( the only appear in service mode)?

Charging speeds are ok

Attachments

• IMG_6067.png
    IMG_6067.png
    457.7 KB · Views: 75
I have a model S 75 from 2017. Using service mode i get the following alerts during supercharging

THC_w0142_rfrgSuctPress
THC_w0145_rfrgSuctPress_Range

I have no idea of the meaning of these alerts. Are they serious? Do I need to make an appointment at the SeC?

I tried to look into the cooling tab of the service mode menu, but I could not find a tab nor any detailed info.

Are there limitations of the service mode menu for older model S cars?
I don't know if there is a limit. See this thread for more details on the errors: unstable supercharge performance - thermal issue ?

Fascinating that you caught this so early and that the alerts having been logged for days upon days. It seems to me that you have a potential refrigerant issue with the cooling system. If Supercharging speeds and A/C do not seem to be issue than I would keep an eye on things. I would take the car in to the Service Center if the alert was the "Customer" alert side.

Maybe try the Thermal test in Service Mode to see if sheds light on which components are not passing the test. Lower your window, make sure you have at least 20% SOC and the test will cycle the heating and cooling systems for about 5 minutes before displaying the results.

Reactions: Sjors
Fascinating that you caught this so early and that the alerts having been logged for days upon days. It seems to me that you have a potential refrigerant issue with the cooling system. If Supercharging speeds and A/C do not seem to be issue than I would keep an eye on things. I would take the car in to the Service Center if the alert was the "Customer" alert side.

Maybe try the Thermal test in Service Mode to see if sheds light on which components are not passing the test. Lower your window, make sure you have at least 20% SOC and the test will cycle the heating and cooling systems for about 5 minutes before displaying the results.
How do you do the thermal test? I do not see any tabs to go to a cooling and/ or thermal menu in service mode. Are these menu’s only available in newer versions if the Model S

Attachments

• IMG_6078.jpeg
    IMG_6078.jpeg
    397.6 KB · Views: 69
Seems it was added Spring 2023 in software 2023.12.5. Your service mode screen looks different from mine.

Note that Service mode includes transient information and alerts. You will eventually get a warning outside of the service interface if there is a problem you should worry about. You are not supposed to use the service menu to report every instance it records, or both you and service will go crazy. It is added information for you if you feel or notice an actual problem with your car to get added information. It seems these alerts have to do with possible low refrigerant in the cooling system, or a sensor temporary error, or it didn't reach minimum pressure before the timeout period, etc. etc..

Reactions: vcor and Sjors