Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Limited replacement tire options for the 19s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does road noise compare with DWS06? I'm considering this or the 235/40 Purecontact LS
They are a little noisier than the stock 19's and I had a set of the aero 18" wheels on once with the stock primacy tires, those were even more quiet but handling and comfort went up on these 255's, handling by a bunch and comfort by a little. also they have approx. 25k miles on them now and am down to 5/32 on the fronts and 3/32 on the rears, I cannot blame Continental on this though, the blame lies squarely with Tesla on this one, if the damn thing wasn't so fun to drive then we would have much more meat on the tires!

If treadwear maximization is your thing, i.e. maximum miles per set of tires, then consider either the existing Tesla OEM 19” Michelin Primacy MXM4 or even the Pirelli Cinturato.

That said, I keep hearing good things about Continentals and may well try a set if there’s no appreciable benefit from the Pirellis over the Michelins - both in terms of longevity and particularly in terms of noisiness during the last third of their lives.
I had the stock set of contis (19's) on my P3D-, they only lasted 20k miles and were super noisy toward the end