Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lincoln Gap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We went to Warren VT yesterday for dinner at the Pitcher Inn which is always great, I highly recommend it. We aren't ready to eat inside yet but Pitcher Inn serves on their veranda which is covered and overlooks the garden. It's a great drive along Vermont's beautiful mountain roads. We charged at Rutland on the way up and and Lebanon on the way back, both Superchargers were empty when we were there. After dinner we went over the Lincoln Gap which is supposedly the steepest grade in the US. I touched the brakes a couple of times on hairpin curves but aside for that the regen was sufficient. The Gap il like riding a roller coaster, if you haven't done it this is the most fun you can have on a road in New England. I've attached a picture of the energy screen, you can see that it's pinned at the top and then drops way down into the green when you go down the mountain.
On the way up we also stopped at Blue Ledge Farm to buy some goat cheese, it was milking time so the goats were in the barn, they are very friendly.

Attachments

• lincoln_gap_energy.jpg
    lincoln_gap_energy.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 83
  • blue_ledge_farm.jpg
    blue_ledge_farm.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 45
  • pitcher_inn_veranda.jpg
    pitcher_inn_veranda.jpg
    891.6 KB · Views: 44
This looks fun! I'll add it to the list next time I am in the area.
A few years ago I was heading over to Sugarbush in a snow storm, and I blindly followed the GPS over neighboring Warren Mountain Rd, which was certainly hairy in a RWD 3 and a foot of snow! Great test for the snow tires, especially considering the WRX behind me couldn't keep up!

A few years ago I was heading over to Sugarbush in a snow storm, and I blindly followed the GPS over neighboring Warren Mountain Rd, which was certainly hairy in a RWD 3 and a foot of snow! Great test for the snow tires, especially considering the WRX behind me couldn't keep up!
BTDT - These signs are not to be ignored! :p The view from the summit is spectacular, through...

IMG_20190219_135520.jpg
IMG_20190219_134232.jpg

Just be sure to leash and clean up after your dog...

PS, Sugarbush has several 80A HPWC's

It was rainy and foggy when we went over the Gap on Saturday but this is a road that I'd take slowly even in good weather so it wasn't a problem. We did Warren Mountain road in the snow with my Volt a few years ago, it was an early snow fall (Sept) which started while we were having dinner, it wasn't snowing when we went up the mountain. That was very scary, after that experience Warren is a summer trip only.