TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Line forming in Vancouver

Discussion in 'Canada' started by jake-, Mar 29, 2016.

1. jake-

jake- Member

Well... didn't expect Vancouver to have a line-up this early. I was going to go over at midnight (12:01am) on the 31st after I get off my night shift. I don't suspect anyone else on this forum is going super early, right?[​IMG]

2. HookBill

HookBill Member

And so it begins. :D

3. beeeerock

beeeerock Active Member

And growing... from another member, apparently shot after the first one above!

Vancouver line up.jpg

• Like x 1
  4. HookBill

HookBill Member

Someone is taking this seriously. They now have 'Que' line ropes.

5. beeeerock

beeeerock Active Member

Yeah, but if they were *really* serious, they would have found red velvet ropes and a red carpet to put the lawn chairs on...

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they have some real crowd control planned for when the line gets even longer...!

6. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

Very inspiring...GO VANCOUVER GO..hope Tesla gives Tesla hats and Tesla T- shirts to all folks who have dared to line up

7. HookBill

HookBill Member

Break out the food trucks, too.

8. Rubi1492

Rubi1492 Member

Hey that's me, third in line. But been as I'm an owner of a MS I get priority. So technically I guess I was first. It was a lot of fun sitting there for two days people watching and talking about cars.

• Like x 2
  9. jake-

jake- Member

You're the one who was showing off your MS in the early morning, right? Parked it right beside the store?
    I came by to say hi at the end of that. Was about 20th in line.

10. Colsla

Colsla Member

how many people do you guys think ended up reserving in BC? 1,000? 2,000? is there a way to find out how many Model S's are in BC? Just curious. 3 yrs ago, I saw 2 model s's in maybe a year or so.. now I see one almost every day!

11. f-stop

f-stop Active Member

it's a rare day when I see fewer than 5 or 6 Model S drive by on the roads here in Vancouver...

According to this report, there were 883 Model S in BC as of Dec 31/15, and surely many more added in recent months.

12. Spurkey

Spurkey P04251

Holy crap, 3 McLaren P1s in Alberta!! We've at least beat you on that one BC! ;);) </hijack>

13. Ranman

Ranman Member

Any advantage of reserving at a dealership version online?

14. Colsla

Colsla Member

There was. You could reserve 10+ hours ahead of other people in your city/time zone. Not anymore though.

15. Rubi1492

Rubi1492 Member

I wasn't trying to show it off. The parkade was closed until 6:00 and didn't want to park down the lane, who knows what could happen.