Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit a curb...now have strange noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

We were returning from the airport the other night and one of those annoying curbs seems like most airports have got in the way. The two wheels on the passenger side were scuffed. Not a big deal. The right front passenger fender well has a very slight amount of metal showing form behind the carpet in the fender wells. The car started making really weird sounds. Can't really describe them. I have it scheduled for service Thursday. I am wondering if I should have it taken over to the local tire shop, Les Schwab, and have them pull the wheel to do an inspection first. The car is driveable and no warning light went off at any point. Not sure what to guess might be going on.

Probably knocked some bumper liner and/or wheel wheel liner away and that’s why you’re seeing some metal now. So likely a bunch of loose clips you need to get back on. And something probably dragging on a wheel when you turn steering wheel or even dragging on ground.