Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of HV battery failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently had a HV battery failure. Did a search and seems like many of them were 2019 model x Raven. Wanted to start a list to see if it’s just us or happens with all years/models. I’ll start.

2019 Raven model x. E battery around 45k miles.

How much supercharging did you do ? Avg highways speeds? Temperature avg ? Charging habits ? What was avg watts? What was wrong with the battery? Would be nice to know
I would say 90% charging is supercharging (which is why it might have failed) b/c of free supercharging, highway speeds maybe 75, temperature California, avg watts I think like 420. On a road trip while supercharging, got back to car and 10 different error codes came up and could not put car into drive. Towed to service center and they said the HV battery failed, so they replaced it.

Writing up my experience now, but just took delivery of a new MXP 2023 HW4 Model X and received the BMS_a066 error to immediately get service to replace the battery. 22 miles so driven far!

I have a 2020 model x long range plus raven. 48k miles on it. late february i noted that my car did not charge overnight. I went to check it an found a red flashing light at the charge port.... could not remove the charge adapter (i use my wife's j1772 charger for her audi)..... the car screen flickered on and off and then went black. interior lights were flickering. Car would not reset. The doors and windows worked and headlights were on.

Coulnd't move or reset the car so i called tesla... they towed it. It's been at service center for 2 weeks now. They haven't been able to figure out what's wrong. it's not the 12 volt battery.... still waiting to hear what happened.

I found it a strange coincidence that other raven owners were having HV battery failures with similar symptoms as my car.....

I did run the battery diagnostic off the service request part of the app that night before it failed in the morning..... i think someone else stated she did the same thing and her car died the next day..... not sure if anyone else had this issue.

Writing up my experience now, but just took delivery of a new MXP 2023 HW4 Model X and received the BMS_a066 error to immediately get service to replace the battery. 22 miles so driven far!

UPDATE: Per the service center, we should be getting a brand new battery (not a refurbished model) in about two weeks. Until then, it will continue to sit in the parking lot while we user a loaner in the short term. Crossing fingers we only have to go through this once...

My 2018 100D X just came back from service for HV failure replacement. It had under34,000 miles on it.

It was charged with a Tesla home connection charger installed by a Tesla recommended electrical service. Battery levels kept between 40%-85%.