Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lit Motors C-1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Lit Motors C-1 is an enclosed motorcycle that uses flywheels to stay upright. Electric, two-wheel drive. This has all the ingredients necessary for a paradigm shift. Ok, perhaps that's a little strong, but I find the concept very exciting. Here's the post on AutoblogGreen.

It's efficient, has solid performance numbers and actually looks pretty good.

lit-motors-c-1-buck-628.jpg

Part Persu, part Segway, eh?

I wonder how much of the range (battery pack power) is sacrificed to the gyro stabilizer?

I would assume that efficiency and performance numbers are just targets at this point, since it sounds like they are a ways off from production ready.

Since you won't need the stabilizing effects of a gyro when the vehicle moving at speed, I wonder if you could trade energy between the gyro (when stationary) and the wheels (when moving)?

The gyro would have the potential to supply higher power for takeoffs and absorb it for regen, so the batteries wouldn't have to deal with higher C ratings.

Don't know if it's worth the complexity though...

Assuming that it lives up to its stability claims and as an owner of a Sparrow for over 10.5 years, this looks like a great replacement for it. I am considering making a reservation for it, but it is 2 1/2 years away, if they make their target production dates.

Assuming that it lives up to its stability claims and as an owner of a Sparrow for over 10.5 years, this looks like a great replacement for it. I am considering making a reservation for it, but it is 2 1/2 years away, if they make their target production dates.

I like motorcycles and had been considering Vetrix, but this looks cool. I had heard on one of the video snippets that they said 2013....but can't find anything to back that.

I really like the Lit C-1 concept and it's one of the ideas out there I think could go BIG time. With Jason Hill involved in the design, I have confidence it should look pretty good, though the proof of the concept for me will come after we see some testing with a full-size prototype. Fingers crossed.

The batteries are underneath. You can see the location in this video.

It has motors in each wheel and incorporates regenerative braking. Range depends on the pack and ranges from 150-200 miles. On of the main designs is safety and I saw at least one claim that it will have airbags. Its small size and efficiency means that it should charge quickly and 200 miles is a great range for a personal vehicle. I have to admit that I would happily buy this to fill the role of a second vehicle in our house, used for commuting, errands and trips without my wife.

Last edited by a moderator: