Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Little Rock to Tampa, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this even possible using only SC's? I tried EV Trip Planner.
Is the stretch from Memphis to Pearl, MS too iffy?
P85D with 21's.
unfortunately for you AR is a SpC desert, looking at supercharge.info it appears that your best routing for using SpCs is via memphis, then birmingham AL to ATL, then the route is easy via I75 while go towards Memphis is a bit out of the way it assures you of being able to make your trip with minimal anxieties.

Reactions: CSFTN
Is this even possible using only SC's? I tried EV Trip Planner.
Is the stretch from Memphis to Pearl, MS too iffy?
P85D with 21's.

I don't know the roads, but is it reasonable to go to Monroe, LA from Little Rock? That would be a shorter legs, theoretically with your long leg starting at a higher % charge from home. Shows as being about an hour faster...

I think Memphis to Birmingham is doable, but you would have to drive somewhat slow and not have a cold snap. Also the Birmingham Supercharger has been out intermittently so at this point I would recommend either the Monroe route (LR straight to Monroe and then east) or one that has not been mentioned through Tennessee over to Chattanooga and then south. Those last two options are pretty similar in length (about an hour longer than your most direct route through Memphis and Birmingham) and you should have any range anxiety with either of them. Obviously take one route or the other if the weather looks bad on one of them or whatever.

I don't know the roads, but is it reasonable to go to Monroe, LA from Little Rock? That would be a shorter legs, theoretically with your long leg starting at a higher % charge from home. Shows as being about an hour faster...

Monroe is very doable and a good place to stop with a mall next door. If it were me, I'd do LR->Monroe then start East as it is easy to hop SpC to SpC from there.

EVTripPlanner routes you through Monroe rather than Memphis.

It does if you leave it in the default selection of an MS60. Changing it to a P85D routes other ways. Interesting that thinks you would make it fine LR to Monroe with the smaller battery, but not the P85D. Maybe it assumes someone with a P85D would be having so much fun driving they would want to take a longer route?

@ahurst, I think the point here is that there are other possibilities for routing than what comes up the first time you plug your destination into EVTripplanner. Look at the route and see if there are other options -- sometimes faster, sometimes shorter, sometimes going to more interesting places.