Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lloyd's mats have arrived: photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$300 for the Tesla interior mats including tax and shipping. $112 all in from Autoanything for the Ultimats. Sorry, Tesla, I just can't pay you close to a $200 premium for these mats.

Especially when all I really need is the rear one!

Last edited:
I just ordered a complete set of the standard grade mats from Lloyd. They are thinner than stock, but since I am duplicating the fronts, I will have two sets. The trunk, frunk and rear seats don't get anywhere near the wear so I tried cheaping out. With the free shipping and 15% discount from AutoAnything, it came to $220 delivered for front, rear, trunk and frunk. Now I need a Model S to put them in!

Update: The mats arrived in just 4 days. They are relatively thin, but quite respectable. They should work well everywhere but the front and I have the stock mats for that location. I hope they fit properly, but based on Lloyd's premium mats I expect to be OK. About 8 weeks till car delivery.

Last edited:
I'm considering going with Grey Lloyd's ULTIMAT to match the seats (and the black is soooo dark). Anyone order the grey and if so how was the match with the grey leather seats and which Lloyd's color number did you pick? They have about 8 greys to pick from.

Last edited:
Black Lloyd Mats

I'm considering going with Grey Lloyd's ULTIMAT to match the seats (and the black is soooo dark). Anyone order the grey and if so how was the match with the grey leather seats and which Lloyd's color number did you pick? They have about 8 greys to pick from.

The black is very dark. Others on the forum have said that if you like the dark look, the Ebony is a better match. It actually looks like a dark grey with almost a greenish tinge to it but it tends to better match the interior.

- - - Updated - - -

We've seen lots of discussion about the Lloyd Mats and wanted to provide some clarification to help the members of the forum. We spoke with Lloyd and here is what is ongoing:

1. The "Small Deck Mat, Note:Cargo Well - No Jump Seat" fits in the area that would be where the passenger's feet would be if there was a Jump Seat. i.e. the open area below floor level in this picture:
2012-Tesla-Model-S-Performance-Trunk-Interior-Image.jpg

The "Standard Trunk Mat, Note:No Jump Seat - Rear Trunk" covers the entire rear cargo department including the well as seen in this pic:
Tesla S Trunk Grey with Cover Down.JPG

There is no way of knowing whether these two mats will fit with the "Jump Seats" option at this point because nobody has been able to get a car with that option to test the fit of the mats. Please share if anyone does get a chance to test the fit of these mats with the "Jump Seats" installed.

2. We have a request into Lloyd to see if we can get them to provide "a 2nd row seat only" option so that if you just want to protect the back seats from the kids you could order those mats without the fronts.

We will keep you posted on what we learn!

We have a request into Lloyd to see if we can get them to provide "a 2nd row seat only" option so that if you just want to protect the back seats from the kids you could order those mats without the fronts.

It would be great if Lloyds offered this option, however I would recommend to anyone considering the Lloyds Luxe or Ultimats to order the full front/rear interior set, since the Tesla front mats that come standard with the MS are very cheap looking and difficult to get to lie flat (since they are delivered in a roll).

Very happy with the Lloyd's Rubbertite mats. Yes, they stunk for a while but, after being out in the sun and rain for about 3 weeks and then being doused with Febreze, they have found a home in my S. I have the interior mats and one for the trunk as well.

Was worried a bit that the Grey of the mats may not go well with the Green exterior but, of course, it's not easy to notice them together. The Grey mats go well with the Black leather and the Piano Black trim.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359649368.146641.jpg

Very happy with the Lloyd's Rubbertite mats. Yes, they stunk for a while but, after being out in the sun and rain for about 3 weeks and then being doused with Febreze, they have found a home in my S. I have the interior mats and one for the trunk as well.

Was worried a bit that the Grey of the mats may not go well with the Green exterior but, of course, it's not easy to notice them together. The Grey mats go well with the Black leather and the Piano Black trim.

View attachment 15515

I just ordered a set of these for the front/rear seats, frunk, and trunk. Came to right aroung $215 if I remember correctly.

I have tan interior and the Ultimat in LINEN matches very well with the tan leather, which is a pretty light tone as far as tans go. For the frunk and rear cargo spaces, I got the CRYSTAL CLEAR RubberTite. It's decent and will do the job, but it is pretty shiny, similar to carpet protectors that you put rolling desk chairs on. I would probably have gone with grey or black if I were to order now.

Just ordered Lloyd Ultimate Custom mats...black w/red binding. I hope they match the styling of the Performance's black w/red accents.

Also before ordering make sure you google "autoanything coupon code" I saved $52.00!

The black is very dark. Others on the forum have said that if you like the dark look, the Ebony is a better match. It actually looks like a dark grey with almost a greenish tinge to it but it tends to better match the interior.

- - - Updated - - -

We've seen lots of discussion about the Lloyd Mats and wanted to provide some clarification to help the members of the forum. We spoke with Lloyd and here is what is ongoing:

1. The "Small Deck Mat, Note:Cargo Well - No Jump Seat" fits in the area that would be where the passenger's feet would be if there was a Jump Seat. i.e. the open area below floor level in this picture:
View attachment 15407
The "Standard Trunk Mat, Note:No Jump Seat - Rear Trunk" covers the entire rear cargo department including the well as seen in this pic:
View attachment 15406

There is no way of knowing whether these two mats will fit with the "Jump Seats" option at this point because nobody has been able to get a car with that option to test the fit of the mats. Please share if anyone does get a chance to test the fit of these mats with the "Jump Seats" installed.

2. We have a request into Lloyd to see if we can get them to provide "a 2nd row seat only" option so that if you just want to protect the back seats from the kids you could order those mats without the fronts.

We will keep you posted on what we learn!

From Lloyd Mats

We finally got a reply re. ordering the "2nd row seat only" request. Here is the official response from Lloyd Mats:

"Unfortunately we can’t sell the rear mat separate due to a number of reasons. One of the main reasons is because our mats will not match the Tesla factory mats and the customers will not be happy to have mats that do not match. The other reason is because if you order the front mats today and the rear at a later date they will be cut from a different roll and even though it might be the same color there is a slight variance of color in the dye sometimes visible sometimes not so visible but that is another return we want to avoid."

We hope that clarifies Lloyd Mats' position on restricting the ordering process. This would be the same for any dealer so not really a dealer issue, just a manufacturing policy.

Cheers

Got my Lloyd ULTIMAT grey mats today (Euro Grey 137). For the grey leather I'm really pleased as it really lightens up the car and cargo areas. I expect it will do a better job of hiding dust and various floor debris that the black mats makes stand out. The floor and rear cargo lights can now be seen. I suspect most don't even realize there are lights under the dash and under the two front seats (oriented to the back floor), which are almost invisible when you have black carpets. Of course if you live with snow and mud, black may be the best choice (actually rubber mats might be best yet).

Anyway, here's a few shots. The color match is better than the photos show, as depends on how the light hits the carpet as in the photos you can see some difference between the front and rear, but the carpets are identical, as is the light (sunlight).
P2052544a.JPG

P2052547a.JPG

P2052548a.JPG

For those still looking to purchase Lloyd mats, I just placed my order on Autoanything.com. They have free shipping and 15% discount on orders >$150 (better deal than MatMyCar.com).

It's a better deal only if you don't live in CA. Autoanything charges sales tax for CA residents. But AutoMatStore.com does not. I went with AutoMatStore, because it came out cheaper with no tax plus free shipping. Autoanything's 15% Off only counts if you spend >$150, so my order with AutoAnything was coming out to $135.

I was thinking about getting my mats with the red piping, but wasn't sure if it would look to gaudy. Would love to see a picture of your mats when installed.

Just ordered Lloyd Ultimate Custom mats...black w/red binding. I hope they match the styling of the Performance's black w/red accents.

Also before ordering make sure you google "autoanything coupon code" I saved $52.00!

I was thinking about getting my mats with the red piping, but wasn't sure if it would look to gaudy. Would love to see a picture of your mats when installed.

Here's a pictures of the Lloyds Ultimats with red piping from another thread:
Will after market mats be necessary or will the Tesla mats be up to snuff? - Page 10

- - - Updated - - -

It's a better deal only if you don't live in CA. Autoanything charges sales tax for CA residents. But AutoMatStore.com does not. I went with AutoMatStore, because it came out cheaper with no tax plus free shipping. Autoanything's 15% Off only counts if you spend >$150, so my order with AutoAnything was coming out to $135.

FYI, AutoAnything will price-match any other website if you call them. I'm sure either online store is fine.

@acentre I have a set installed in my Model S - I went with black w/ white dots - love them! When I get decent weather/light, I will post a pic.

For the rear, I had them simply produce a rectangle that fit nicely just under the edge of the front seat rails.

For the front, I started with the stock mats from Tesla as a template and went slightly larger in a few spots.

Drew handled my order.