Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Location settings

Phil1710

Sep 1, 2019
Uk
I took delivery of my model S yesterday and it’s perfect.. slight issue is it thinks it’s still in the Tesla factory when I check it’s location. Any ideas why?

Attachments

• IMG_0329.PNG
    IMG_0329.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0328.PNG
    IMG_0328.PNG
    201.9 KB · Views: 7

axw820

Jul 22, 2019
Peak District, UK
I've got a similar issue in my 3 - the browser thinks that I am permanently in the Netherlands. Not a huge problem, but it's a pain if I'm searching for a local pub or restaurant

WannabeOwner

Nov 2, 2015
Suffolk, UK
it thinks it’s still in the Tesla factory when I check it’s location

I can't remember, on the Tesla-own APP, does is show you when the screen refreshed? (I use a 3rd party APP and it has the date/time of "last refresh")

I've had no-internet and car shows where-it-was-last-time ... so might be that?

P.S. there's a setting on DASH to allow data comms, that might be turned off (and APP, unhelpfully, not telling you and instead just showing you "this is where it was last time I could see it" :( )

pgkevet

Jul 1, 2019
mid wales
If th car's own GPS shows correct position inside the car then the logical issue is the phone app not updaing or locking on to the wrong vehicle. Check vin No's and check that other phone bits work-- such as honking horn/lights. If it's just the location in the app then it's a Tesla server problem.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC