Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locking Phone in Car - Or Not

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have read multiple posts about phones being locked in cars. Tonight I left my phone on the charger to go to dinner and turned off the Tesla app. I was expecting the car to lock when I walked away, like I have read in other posts. I walked away and waited but it did not lock. I had to go back and use the Key Card to lock.

So I am not sure how others have locked their phones in the car. The only thing I can think of is their phones must have been shielded in some way.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Mine locked in my car, but I daily leave it in the car and it had never locked. One time we were taking out groceries and came back out and it had locked. I had not used the fob or card to drive home, and I had not changed the BT on the phone. I wouldn't trust it to always do one thing or another. Although turning off BT seems like a way for it to lock. I typically want it to stay unlocked and taking the phone out would prevent that without extra steps. I only do this at home, so I have the option of getting the card from inside the house.

Reactions: jdcollins5