Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Delivery Timeline for New Model S Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No I didn’t. There was a $3,500 discount applied from the original SR price. In addition prices were jacked up from Standard Range to Long Range another 5k. The bottom line is, if you want to get into a new Tesla today, your spending roughly 81-82k. I saved myself 10k by taking delivery of a SR instead of buying a LR, so I this a
was good deal for myself. Not to mention Red and the 21’s on a new LR make that car closer to 85-86k.

Would have been better if I did this a month ago and got the $1875 rebate though...

Ignore the zolofties, the deal is done and the car is yours to enjoy, money isn't everything, have a great time and may you never have to drive an ICE/smoker again!

Reactions: mbhforum
Ordered my MSLR plus Feb 7th, no prod date or VIN yet. I am sensing a major announcement of new plaid version and new battery tech in April. Wait or postpone delivery by a month? I have always financed my cars but with all this new tech and advancements I worry that this car (designed 7 years ago) will lose its value significantly with slew of EVs coming this year and next. So should I lease instead? Love to hear thoughts. TIA.

Ordered my MSLR plus Feb 7th, no prod date or VIN yet. I am sensing a major announcement of new plaid version and new battery tech in April. Wait or postpone delivery by a month? I have always financed my cars but with all this new tech and advancements I worry that this car (designed 7 years ago) will lose its value significantly with slew of EVs coming this year and next. So should I lease instead? Love to hear thoughts. TIA.
I ordered an MS on 2/17 and could have picked up on 3/2. I suspect it was a routed inventory, though the VIN was the highest I had seen (381xxx) at the time.

Sadly, with the downturn in TSLA, I decided to forgo the S and return to Plan Y. I still haunt the inventory stock for grins. ;)

I clicked ORDER on the evening of Januaty 17th, and it was acknowledged by Tesla on the 18th. The delivery window was 5-9 weeks. I was notified that it was in transit on February 11th, and It arrived at the delivery location in Charlotte on the 23rd - barely more than 5 weeks, and sooner than I'd expected.