Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long term parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have searched the forum and just want to make sure I haven’t missed anything.

I am planning to park my M3 for a cruise at port Canaveral and based on what I have read the 3 main things to do to limit battery drain are
- turn off sentry mode
- turn off cabin overheat protection
- limit the number of time you check car status thru the app

I also plan to do a an MCU reboot the night before however not sure if this is necessary.

Is there anything else that I may have missed

Again I know there are countless post on this topic , just want to make sure I haven’t missed anything

Thanx in advance for your help

I have searched the forum and just want to make sure I haven’t missed anything.

I am planning to park my M3 for a cruise at port Canaveral and based on what I have read the 3 main things to do to limit battery drain are
- turn off sentry mode
- turn off cabin overheat protection

I also plan to do a an MCU reboot the night before however not sure if this is necessary.

Is there anything else that I may have missed

Again I know there are countless post on this topic , just want to make sure I haven’t missed anything

Thanx in advance for your help
Also turn off Smart Summon Standby (this is important as oddly you CANNOT turn it off from the app)

Depending on length of stay and where you park you may want to turn sentry mode on at night (using the app), though set a reminder so you remember to turn if off in the morning.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H

No reason to check the app at all, but if you must go ahead. Also no need to reboot the car.

With the items you noted switched off you will only lose about 1% / week, so relax.

Personally, I would not bother to turn Sentry on and off at night as that will cost you about 3% / day, or more if you happen to forget. Assuming you always have cell coverage and can always turn it off!

Enjoy the cruise!

Yeah, as others said, turn everything off. I’ve parked for 7-10 days at a time and lose no more than 1-2%. I check the app every 2-3 days for the heck of it and turn on sentry just to checkout the cameras… everything looks good? Turn off sentry and continue drinking…

• Funny
Reactions: ATPMSD