TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Long term Roadster parts availability

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by asgard, Aug 17, 2013.

1. asgard

asgard Member

Hi,
    Does anyone have insight into long-term availability of Roadster parts?
    I could not get a statement out of anyone at Tesla.
    Thanks!

2. frequencydip

frequencydip Sig 100 - #52

Tesla service center in LA told me they would supply parts until 2020. There is however no law, just an industry rule that all the major manufacturers have agreed to follow. The only law for parts is related to warranties, manufacturers must make parts for as long as products are in warranty. With Tesla's extended warranties that means they are required to make parts until at least 2017 and possibly longer if they continue to sell extended warranties.

3. djp

djp Roadster 2.0 VIN939

So we've got seven years before we all need to buy second Roadsters for parts. :smile:

4. ion_1

ion_1 Member

I've looked through the various threads and haven't seen the attached supplier list posted before. Apologies if it was, but I found it quite useful for reference now and when/if alternate pathways to parts are needed. Regardless, its nicely presented by Automotive news. Hope my attachment works...

Attached Files:

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1